Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
When it rains outside the one thing that comes to our mind is a hot cup of tea with some hot pakoras or fritters or bhajis. So, today I’m sharing the recipe of fritters made of fish eggs. These are very tasty and can make a good combination with a cup of hot tea. Do try these and share your experience with me.
So, lets take a look at the simple recipe for making Fish Egg Fritters.
Rohu fish egg 200 gm Gram flour/besan 2 tbsp Onion ½ of medium sized chopped Garlic cloves 5 or 6 chopped Ginger 1/2” piece chopped Green chillies 4 or 5 chopped Red chilli powder 1 tsp Turmeric powder ½ tsp Salt as per taste Oil 2 to 3 tbsp
• Take the egg in a mixing bowl and break the lumps with your hands to make it lump free
• To this add gram flour, and all the other ingredients one by one, except oil, and mix well
• Heat oil in a frying pan at medium flames. Once heated, take small portion, about 1 or 1 and ½ tbsp, from the egg mixture and add it to the hot oil
• Shallow fry the fritters from both sides until they turns dark golden in colour
• Fry 4 or 5 fritters at a time and maintain at least 1” gap between the fritters while frying
• Once fried serve these hot and enjoy with your family and friends.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! I am back with my new recipes. Today I’m sharing a healthy snacks recipe which is very easy to prepare and tastes too good and at the same time ensures healthy eating. To make these wraps I have made the tortillas using half quantity each of whole wheat flour and refined flour. You can make these using refined flour only or can also use readymade store bought tortillas. So, here is the detailed recipe for making scrambled egg wrap.
For making the tortilla dough:
Whole wheat flour ½ cup All purpose flour ½ cup Butter 20 gm Salt as per taste
For the filling:
Eggs 4 Milk 2 tbsp Chopped Cucumber ½ cup Chopped Onion ½ cup Chopped Capsicum ½ cup Chopped Carrot ½ cup Chopped green chilli 3 or 4 (optional) Mayonnaise 4 to 5 tbsp Tomato ketchup 4 to 5 tbsp Black pepper powder 2 tsp Salt as per taste Butter or oil ½ tbsp
Here 1 cup = 240ml
• Take all the ingredients for making dough in a mixing bowl and rub and mix well. Now add water little by little and mix well with your hands to make a semi soft dough.
• Pat a little bit of oil on the surface of the dough and keep it covered for about ½ an hour or so.
• While the dough rests, make the egg scramble and keep ready.
• For this, break and add the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add milk, black pepper powder and salt and beat the eggs
• Place a frying pan at medium flames and let it heat. Add the oil or butter and spread it all over the hot pan
• Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds
• Continue cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat once done
• Now take the dough and knead it for few more seconds. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts
• Take each part at a time and roll it into a thin circular disc shape
• Place a tawa at medium flames and cook the tortillas from both sides
• Now take one tortilla and spread mayonnaise on half of its surface
• Place sufficient chopped veggies and scrambled eggs onto the same half. Top it with some tomato ketchup
• Now start wrapping the tortilla from the side containing the filling ingredients. Wrap it with a sheet of butter paper or aluminium foil
• Follow the same process to make all the wraps and the enjoy hot scrambled egg wrap with family and friends.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Today I am sharing the recipe of such a snacks which needs no introduction for itself. It is one of the most loved snacks of the non vegetarians. Yes! I am talking about fried chicken. From children to the elderly, it is liked by the people of all ages. In today’s recipe I have used curd instead of buttermilk. So, lets quickly take a look at the detailed recipe for making fried chicken.
Chicken legs 6 pieces Eggs 3 Curd 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp Juice of ½ a lemon Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 + 1 tbsp Black pepper powder 1 + 1 + ½ tsp Corn flour 1 cup Oats 1/4th cup slightly crushed Salt as per taste Enough oil for frying chicken legs
• In a mixing bowl, take curd, ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt as per taste, lemon juice and mix well • Add the chicken legs into this mixture and rub and coat well with the marinade. Refrigerate this for 2 hours • Take another mixing bowl, add corn flour, oats, remaining Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt and mix well • Break and add the eggs into a third bowl, add salt, remaining black pepper powder and beat well • Take one chicken leg piece at a time and shed off the extra marinade. • Now dip the chicken leg into egg mixture. Then transfer it into the flour mixture. Wrap the chicken legs with the flour mixture • Now repeat the process one more time and keep it ready for frying • Follow the same process for all the leg pieces and keep ready for frying • Heat enough oil in a kadhai at medium flames. Once oil is heated, add the chicken legs 2 or 3 at a time and fry these from all sides until golden brown in colour. • This way fry all the pieces and transfer these into a tray. • Fried chicken is ready to be served. Serve it hot along with some tomato ketchup and enjoy with your family and friends.
Hello friends! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again.
My daughter is very much fond of soups, noodles and soupy noodles. So, instead of purchasing the ready to cook packs of soups or soup noodles, I prefer to prepare it at home for her. Though it’s an easy process of just adding water and cooking for 2 or 3 minutes, yet investing a little more time in fully preparing it at home, gives me the satisfaction of my child’s healthy eating.
So, today I am sharing the recipe of my baby’s favourite, hot n sour soup noodles.
Noodles 1/2 cup ( I prefer egg noodles but for my vegetarians friends, I would suggest the plain atta noodles)
Egg 1 optional
Garlic 3 or 4 cloves minced
Onion 1/2 medium sized finely chopped
Carrots finely chopped 2 tbsp
French beans finely chopped 2 tbsp
Green peas 1/4th of a cup
Cabbage finely shredded 2 tbsp or 1/4th cup
Vegetable stock 1 and 1/2 cups
Soya sauce 1/2 tbsp
Cooking vinegar 2 tsp
Black pepper powder 2 tsp
Corn starch 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 or 3 tsp
Heat oil in a kadhai or wok at medium high flames. Once heated, add the garlic and sauté for 3 to 4 seconds
add the chopped onion and stir and cook for 1/2 a minute
add the other chopped veggies and stir, mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes at this heat
add salt and pepper and mix well
add the soya sauce, stir and mix well for 1/2 a minute
add vinegar, mix well and then add the vegetable stock. Bring it to a boil
now, add the noodles mix well and cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes at medium low flames
while the noodles is getting cooked, in a small bowl, take the corn starch, add 1 and 1/2 tbsp water and mix well. In another bowl, break and add the egg and beat well. Keep both of this ready
open cover of the cooking soup noodles, stir well and slowly add the egg by light stirring
finally, add the corn starch with constant stirring. Once the soup thickens switch off the flames.
Hello friends! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight.
We crave for special snacks during the weekend evenings. So today, I thought of making egg rolls as Sunday evening delight. These are the popular street side snacks of Bengal and most sought after ones. Let’s go through the recipe of the Bengali egg roll.
Refined flour or maida 5 tbsp
Wheat flour or atta 3 tbsp
Onions 2 medium sized sliced
Cucumber 1 medium chopped
Green chillies 4 or 5 chopped
Salt 1/2 + as per taste
Tomato sauce as per need
Chilli sauce as per need
Mustard sauce as per need
Oil 1 tbsp + enough for frying the paranthas
In a mixing bowl, take maida, atta, 1/2 tsp salt and mix well. Then add 1 tbsp oil and rub well with the flour and mix.
Then add normal water little by little with continuous mixing and knead it to a semi soft dough
Pat some oil on top of the dough and cover and rest it for about 15 to 20 minutes
Now take the dough and knead it again for few seconds. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts
Take each part and roll it into paranthas. The paranthas should neither be too thin nor too thick. Take the help of some dry flour if required
Now heat a non stick tawa at medium high flames. Once the tawa gets heated enough, half cook the paranthas one at a time from both sides without oil. This time the parantha’s colour should not change
This way cook all the paranthas and keep aside
In the same tawa, heat one tsp of oil. Beat an egg with a pinch of salt and put it in the tawa. Tilt the tawa from all sides a little so that the egg gets spread evenly.
Now place one paranthas on top of the egg and press a little with the spatula. Brush some oil on the upper part of the parantha and flip it. Let it fry from the other side till light brown spots appear
Remove the egg layered parantha from the tawa and in the same way prepare all the other four paranthas
Now take one egg layered parantha at a time with the side having the egg layer facing up. Place some chopped cucumber, some chopped green chillies, some sliced onion, all the three sauces on half part of the parantha and start rolling from the part containing the filling
Wrap the roll with a parchment paper and your egg roll is ready. This way make all the 4 rolls and serve hot.
This is a pizza with an omelette crust. In present day who doesn’t like a pizza, especially the children. If you ask them about their favourite food, most of them would reply in one word, and that’s PIZZA.
However, this is healthier than the general pizzas and also easy to make.
Onion 1 small sliced
Capsicum 1/4 cup sliced
Tomato 1 small sliced ( only flesh)
Green chillies 2 chopped
Black olives 2 tbsp
Pizza sauce 2 tbsp or enough to spread all over the crust
Grated mozzarella cheese enough to make it cheese burst
Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Butter about a tbsp
break and add the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add salt, black pepper powder and beat well
heat a non stick pan at low flames. Once hot add butter and spread all over the pan
add the beaten eggs to the pan and tilt a little from all sides to spread it evenly on the pan. Cover the pan and let the egg cook at lowest flames. Cook the egg till a little runny egg is still left on the upper part of the omelette
at this stage, spread the pizza sauce all over the omelette and add the toppings one by one, evenly spreading them all over the crust. Finally spread the grated cheese all over the pizza and cover and cook untill the cheese melts
once done, dish out the pizza, sprinkle the pizza seasoning all over the pizza and serve hot with some tomato ketchup
unlike the general pizzas, you can enjoy the omelette crust pizza even as a breakfast menu.
in a mixing bowl, take the chicken pieces and add into it, curd, ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4th tsp each of garam masala, chat masala, black pepper, red chilli powder and mix well such that the chicken pieces gets well coated with the masala. Let the chicken marinate for about an hour
In another bowl, take both the flours, 1 tbsp red chilli powder and mix well
in a third bowl, break the eggs, add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder and beat them
Now, put the oil to heat in a kadhai at medium high flames
once the marinating time is over, dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg, either few at a time or all at once depending on the amount of chicken, and coat well with the egg mixture
then transfer the egg coated chicken pieces to the flour mixture bowl and coat well with the flour. Shed off the extra flour from the pieces and again transfer them to the remaining egg mixture for the second egg coating
Now add the crushed oats or corn flakes in the remaining flour mixture and mix well. Transfer the egg coated chicken pieces to the flour oats mixture for the final coating.
Coat the chicken pieces well with the flour oats mixture and shed off the extra flour from them.
now add the chicken pieces to the hot oil one by one and fry them till they changes to golden colour. Do not let them turn brown. Do not overcrowd the the chicken pieces while frying
fry all the popcorns and serve hot, sprinkling some special popcorn spices for extra flavor which I will share in another post. Pair it with some tomato ketchup and en