Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
When it rains outside the one thing that comes to our mind is a hot cup of tea with some hot pakoras or fritters or bhajis. So, today I’m sharing the recipe of fritters made of fish eggs. These are very tasty and can make a good combination with a cup of hot tea. Do try these and share your experience with me.
So, lets take a look at the simple recipe for making Fish Egg Fritters.
Rohu fish egg 200 gm Gram flour/besan 2 tbsp Onion ½ of medium sized chopped Garlic cloves 5 or 6 chopped Ginger 1/2” piece chopped Green chillies 4 or 5 chopped Red chilli powder 1 tsp Turmeric powder ½ tsp Salt as per taste Oil 2 to 3 tbsp
• Take the egg in a mixing bowl and break the lumps with your hands to make it lump free
• To this add gram flour, and all the other ingredients one by one, except oil, and mix well
• Heat oil in a frying pan at medium flames. Once heated, take small portion, about 1 or 1 and ½ tbsp, from the egg mixture and add it to the hot oil
• Shallow fry the fritters from both sides until they turns dark golden in colour
• Fry 4 or 5 fritters at a time and maintain at least 1” gap between the fritters while frying
• Once fried serve these hot and enjoy with your family and friends.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again. Today I am sharing the easiest recipe for making Chicken lemon coriander clear soup. I have used zero oil to make this healthy and nutritious soup and did not even prepared chicken stock separately. So lets not waste much time and quickly take a look at the recipe for preparing Chicken Lemon Coriander Clear Soup
Chicken 250 to 300 gm cut into medium pieces ( preferably chicken breast piece) Carrot 1 medium size chopped Onion 1 small size sliced Green chilli 3 or 4 chopped ( optional ) Garlic 4 or 5 cloves chopped Coriander leaves chopped 1/4th cup chopped Juice of a lemon Black pepper powder ½ tbsp Salt as per taste
You can also add onion greens
• Take about 750 ml water in a kadhai or a deep bottomed vessel and place it on high flames. Add the chicken pieces, chopped carrot, chopped garlic, sliced onion, salt and stir well • Once the water starts boiling, reduce the flames to medium and cover and cook until the chicken gets cooked well • Once the chicken is cooked, take out the chicken pieces from the cooking soup and shred it with the help of a fork • Now add the shredded chicken back to the soup, add black pepper powder, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes over medium high flames • Finally add lemon juice, stir well and switch off the flames • Chicken lemon coriander clear soup is ready to be served. Serve it hot and enjoy with your family
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! I am back with my new recipes. Today I’m sharing a healthy snacks recipe which is very easy to prepare and tastes too good and at the same time ensures healthy eating. To make these wraps I have made the tortillas using half quantity each of whole wheat flour and refined flour. You can make these using refined flour only or can also use readymade store bought tortillas. So, here is the detailed recipe for making scrambled egg wrap.
For making the tortilla dough:
Whole wheat flour ½ cup All purpose flour ½ cup Butter 20 gm Salt as per taste
For the filling:
Eggs 4 Milk 2 tbsp Chopped Cucumber ½ cup Chopped Onion ½ cup Chopped Capsicum ½ cup Chopped Carrot ½ cup Chopped green chilli 3 or 4 (optional) Mayonnaise 4 to 5 tbsp Tomato ketchup 4 to 5 tbsp Black pepper powder 2 tsp Salt as per taste Butter or oil ½ tbsp
Here 1 cup = 240ml
• Take all the ingredients for making dough in a mixing bowl and rub and mix well. Now add water little by little and mix well with your hands to make a semi soft dough.
• Pat a little bit of oil on the surface of the dough and keep it covered for about ½ an hour or so.
• While the dough rests, make the egg scramble and keep ready.
• For this, break and add the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add milk, black pepper powder and salt and beat the eggs
• Place a frying pan at medium flames and let it heat. Add the oil or butter and spread it all over the hot pan
• Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds
• Continue cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat once done
• Now take the dough and knead it for few more seconds. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts
• Take each part at a time and roll it into a thin circular disc shape
• Place a tawa at medium flames and cook the tortillas from both sides
• Now take one tortilla and spread mayonnaise on half of its surface
• Place sufficient chopped veggies and scrambled eggs onto the same half. Top it with some tomato ketchup
• Now start wrapping the tortilla from the side containing the filling ingredients. Wrap it with a sheet of butter paper or aluminium foil
• Follow the same process to make all the wraps and the enjoy hot scrambled egg wrap with family and friends.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Today I am sharing the recipe of such a snacks which needs no introduction for itself. It is one of the most loved snacks of the non vegetarians. Yes! I am talking about fried chicken. From children to the elderly, it is liked by the people of all ages. In today’s recipe I have used curd instead of buttermilk. So, lets quickly take a look at the detailed recipe for making fried chicken.
Chicken legs 6 pieces Eggs 3 Curd 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp Juice of ½ a lemon Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 + 1 tbsp Black pepper powder 1 + 1 + ½ tsp Corn flour 1 cup Oats 1/4th cup slightly crushed Salt as per taste Enough oil for frying chicken legs
• In a mixing bowl, take curd, ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt as per taste, lemon juice and mix well • Add the chicken legs into this mixture and rub and coat well with the marinade. Refrigerate this for 2 hours • Take another mixing bowl, add corn flour, oats, remaining Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt and mix well • Break and add the eggs into a third bowl, add salt, remaining black pepper powder and beat well • Take one chicken leg piece at a time and shed off the extra marinade. • Now dip the chicken leg into egg mixture. Then transfer it into the flour mixture. Wrap the chicken legs with the flour mixture • Now repeat the process one more time and keep it ready for frying • Follow the same process for all the leg pieces and keep ready for frying • Heat enough oil in a kadhai at medium flames. Once oil is heated, add the chicken legs 2 or 3 at a time and fry these from all sides until golden brown in colour. • This way fry all the pieces and transfer these into a tray. • Fried chicken is ready to be served. Serve it hot along with some tomato ketchup and enjoy with your family and friends.
Chicken 700gm cut into medium-sized pieces Onion 1 large or 1 and 1/2 medium sliced Ginger 1″ piece Garlic 4 to 6 cloves Green chilli 4 whole Lemon juice 2 tsp Curd 3/4th of a cup Cashew 10 to 12 Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder 1 tsp Kasuri methi powder 1 tsp Cinnamon 1″ stick Cardamom 4 to 5 Cloves 4 to 5 Black peppercorns 10 to 12 Salt 1 tsp or as per taste Sugar 1/4th of a tsp Oil 1 + 2 tbsp
In blender, blend together curd, Ginger, garlic, cashew and the green chilli
Now empty the mixture of the blender in a mixing bowl and add in the garam masala powder, lemon juice and salt and mix well
Now dunk in the chicken pieces in the mixture and rub the pieces well with the masala mixture
Finall add in the kasuri methi powder and 1 tbsp oil and once again give a good mix and let the marinade rest for about an hour
After an hour separate the chicken pieces from the marinade and keep aside
Now heat a non stick kadhai and once it is hot add the remaining oil and let heat at medium high flames
Once the oil gets heated, add in the cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and black peppercorns and saute for few seconds
Then add in the onion slices and fry them till the onions start changing colour. Do not let onions turn brown
At this point add the chicken pieces one by one in a single layer and let them fry from one side at medium flames for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not stir in between
After 2 to 3 minutes turn the chicken pieces to the other side and again let them fry for about 2 minute without stirring. Do not allow the chicken to turn brown
Now add in the remaining marinade and the sugar and give a light mix
Now cover and let cook for about 7 to 10 minutes or till the chicken gets cooked well
Now remove the cover and check with the consistency of the gravy. Since, it is a thick gravy curry, if there is more liquid then increase the flames to evaporate the excess water
Once you get the desired thickness of the gravy, switch of the oven and let the curry sit for about a minute. Your white chicken curry is ready to be served.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! I am back with another mouth watering delicacy from the Bengali cuisine. Fish head moong dal or Machher matha diye moonger dal, as we call in beangli, is a special dal cooked in a Bengali kitchen during occasions or get togethers. Fish head moong dal is a must side dish if we are planning to cook a traditional Bengali thali. In this dish, moong dal is cooked along with fried fish head. To cook this dal we can use fish head of either Rohu fish or Hilsa fish or Katla fish. However, I follow a little different recipe when I cook dal with Hilsa fish head. So, lets start with the recipe to cook fish head moong dal.
Moong dal 1 cup of cup size 120ml Rohu fish head 1 large cut into halves Raisins 2 tbsp ( optional) Onion 1 small or ½ of a medium sized, sliced 1 small chopped Green chilli paste ½ tbsp Ginger paste ½ tbsp Garlic 2 or 3 cloves crushed Turmeric powder ½ + 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder 2 tsp Cumin powder 2 tsp Coriander powder 1 tsp Garam masala powder 1 tsp Bay leaf 1 Dry red chilli 1 large or 2 small Cinnamon 1” stick Cardamom 3 or 4 Cloves 3 or 4 Cumin seeds 1 tsp Salt as per taste Sugar as per taste Ghee 1 tsp Mustard oil 2 + 1 tbsp
• Dry roast the moong dal at medium flames until their colour starts changing but do not let them brown. • Wash the lentils and then pressure cook it along with 3 cups of water and a little bit of salt to 1 whistle at medium flames. • Rub and coat the fish head pieces with ½ tsp turmeric powder and a little salt • Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai at high flames. Once the oil is hot enough, gently add the fish head pieces and fry until it turns golden brown in colour • Strain out the fried fish head pieces from excess oil and keep aside • In a small bowl take the remaining turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar and mix well along with 2 tbsp water to make a fine paste and keep ready • Add the remaining oil in the same kadhai and let it heat at medium flames. Once heated, temper it with the whole spices • Add onion and fry until it turns golden brown in colour • Add ginger, garlic, green chilli paste and sauté until their raw smell disappears • Add the prepared spices mixture paste and sauté and roast the spices until oil starts separating • Add the fried fish head pieces, raisins and roast along with the spices for about a minute. Add little water if the spices gets too dry • Fish head moong dal is ready to be served. Serve it hot with plain rice and enjoy. • Add the cooked dal and mix well. Add ½ to ¾ cups water as per you choice of consistency of the dal and bring to a boil by increasing the flames • Once the dal starts boiling, reduce the flames to medium low and cook covered for about a minute • Open cover, add ghee and garam masala powder and mix well. Cover and then switch off the flames. Let the dal rest for a minute or two. Serve hot dal with plain rice and enjoy.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite breakfast idea which is not only mine but also favorite of many of us. Egg Toast is another breakfast item which is very easy to prepare with a simple recipe and great taste. Anybody can make it with ease but tastes delicious. It is also a great lunch box idea for school goers.
So, lets quickly check out the recipe for making Egg Toast.
Eggs 4 Bread 4 to 6 slices Onion ½ medium sized finely chopped Green chillies 2 finely chopped Black pepper powder ½ tsp Salt as per taste Oil as per need
• Break and add the eggs in a mixing bowl • Into this, add chopped onion and green chillies, black pepper powder, salt and beat the eggs well • Place a frying pan on the burner at medium flames and let it heat. Once heated, brush a little bit of oil on it • Now take a slice of bread at a time, dip it into the egg mixture and then gently place it on the pan and fry • After few seconds, flip the bread and fry the other side. Once both the sides of the bread is toasted, remove it from the pan and transfer it to a plate • This way make all the toasts and then serve hot Egg Toast with tomato ketchup and enjoy.