Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
When it rains outside the one thing that comes to our mind is a hot cup of tea with some hot pakoras or fritters or bhajis. So, today I’m sharing the recipe of fritters made of fish eggs. These are very tasty and can make a good combination with a cup of hot tea. Do try these and share your experience with me.
So, lets take a look at the simple recipe for making Fish Egg Fritters.
Rohu fish egg 200 gm Gram flour/besan 2 tbsp Onion ½ of medium sized chopped Garlic cloves 5 or 6 chopped Ginger 1/2” piece chopped Green chillies 4 or 5 chopped Red chilli powder 1 tsp Turmeric powder ½ tsp Salt as per taste Oil 2 to 3 tbsp
• Take the egg in a mixing bowl and break the lumps with your hands to make it lump free
• To this add gram flour, and all the other ingredients one by one, except oil, and mix well
• Heat oil in a frying pan at medium flames. Once heated, take small portion, about 1 or 1 and ½ tbsp, from the egg mixture and add it to the hot oil
• Shallow fry the fritters from both sides until they turns dark golden in colour
• Fry 4 or 5 fritters at a time and maintain at least 1” gap between the fritters while frying
• Once fried serve these hot and enjoy with your family and friends.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again. Today I am sharing the easiest recipe for making Chicken lemon coriander clear soup. I have used zero oil to make this healthy and nutritious soup and did not even prepared chicken stock separately. So lets not waste much time and quickly take a look at the recipe for preparing Chicken Lemon Coriander Clear Soup
Chicken 250 to 300 gm cut into medium pieces ( preferably chicken breast piece) Carrot 1 medium size chopped Onion 1 small size sliced Green chilli 3 or 4 chopped ( optional ) Garlic 4 or 5 cloves chopped Coriander leaves chopped 1/4th cup chopped Juice of a lemon Black pepper powder ½ tbsp Salt as per taste
You can also add onion greens
• Take about 750 ml water in a kadhai or a deep bottomed vessel and place it on high flames. Add the chicken pieces, chopped carrot, chopped garlic, sliced onion, salt and stir well • Once the water starts boiling, reduce the flames to medium and cover and cook until the chicken gets cooked well • Once the chicken is cooked, take out the chicken pieces from the cooking soup and shred it with the help of a fork • Now add the shredded chicken back to the soup, add black pepper powder, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander leaves and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes over medium high flames • Finally add lemon juice, stir well and switch off the flames • Chicken lemon coriander clear soup is ready to be served. Serve it hot and enjoy with your family
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Today I have come up with another super easy to make snacks idea for a lazy evening! When I feel lazy, my craving for food increases. Earlier in such situations I used to order for some ready made food but now that I am mother, I ensure my child’s healthy eating and avoid store bought junk food as far as possible. So, today’s recipe Butter Masala Sweet Corn is one of such snack idea which can satisfy your cravings on such a lazy evening investing minimum effort. Without wasting much time lets take a look at the detailed recipe for making Butter Masala Sweet Corn.
Sweet corn 2 medium size Butter 1 tbsp Black pepper powder 1 tsp Red chilli powder 1 tsp Garam masala powder ½ tsp Chaat masala 1 tsp Black salt about ½ tsp Salt a little bit
• Separate the corn kernels from the corn and half cook these‘
• Take the cooked kernels in a mixing bowl. Add butter and all the other ingredients
• Mix well and microwave it for a minute
• Again give it a good mix and microwave for another minute
• Butter masala sweet corn is ready to be served.
• Serve it hot and enjoy it with your family and friends
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! I am back with my new recipes. Today I’m sharing a healthy snacks recipe which is very easy to prepare and tastes too good and at the same time ensures healthy eating. To make these wraps I have made the tortillas using half quantity each of whole wheat flour and refined flour. You can make these using refined flour only or can also use readymade store bought tortillas. So, here is the detailed recipe for making scrambled egg wrap.
For making the tortilla dough:
Whole wheat flour ½ cup All purpose flour ½ cup Butter 20 gm Salt as per taste
For the filling:
Eggs 4 Milk 2 tbsp Chopped Cucumber ½ cup Chopped Onion ½ cup Chopped Capsicum ½ cup Chopped Carrot ½ cup Chopped green chilli 3 or 4 (optional) Mayonnaise 4 to 5 tbsp Tomato ketchup 4 to 5 tbsp Black pepper powder 2 tsp Salt as per taste Butter or oil ½ tbsp
Here 1 cup = 240ml
• Take all the ingredients for making dough in a mixing bowl and rub and mix well. Now add water little by little and mix well with your hands to make a semi soft dough.
• Pat a little bit of oil on the surface of the dough and keep it covered for about ½ an hour or so.
• While the dough rests, make the egg scramble and keep ready.
• For this, break and add the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add milk, black pepper powder and salt and beat the eggs
• Place a frying pan at medium flames and let it heat. Add the oil or butter and spread it all over the hot pan
• Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds
• Continue cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat once done
• Now take the dough and knead it for few more seconds. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts
• Take each part at a time and roll it into a thin circular disc shape
• Place a tawa at medium flames and cook the tortillas from both sides
• Now take one tortilla and spread mayonnaise on half of its surface
• Place sufficient chopped veggies and scrambled eggs onto the same half. Top it with some tomato ketchup
• Now start wrapping the tortilla from the side containing the filling ingredients. Wrap it with a sheet of butter paper or aluminium foil
• Follow the same process to make all the wraps and the enjoy hot scrambled egg wrap with family and friends.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish of Delight once again! Fruit Parfait is a healthy dessert where you can enjoy the goodness of fruits along with curd. To make this dessert you can include any fruit of your choice. I have used few seasonal fruits of my choice. You can also add on a scoop of ice cream to enhance its taste. So, let’s take a look at the recipe for making Fruit Parfait
Curd 1 cup Honey 1/4th cup or as per taste Fruits as per your choice ( I’ve used banana, mango, pomegranate and apple), chopped to small pieces Walnut chopped 2 tbsp Cashews chopped 2 tbsp Melon seeds 2 tbsp Oats 2 tbsp
You can also use almonds, pistachios or any nuts of your choice
• Take the curd in a mixing bowl, add honey as per your taste and mix well. Refrigerate this curd mixture for minimum 1 hour
• In another mixing bowl, take the chopped nuts, melon seeds, oats, about 2 tsp honey and mix well
• Microwave this mixture for 2 minutes. Mix one more time and microwave for 1 more minute.
• Take a beer mug or coffee mug, pour a little, chilled curd mixture to make the first layer, followed by a layer of nuts mixture and then a layer of fruit mixture.
• Repeat this sequence twice or thrice as per the size of the glass. The top most layer should be of fruits.
• Top it with a little more honey. You can also top it with a scoop of ice cream of your favourite flavour and enjoy.
• Fruit parfait is ready to be served. Enjoy it with your family.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Today I am sharing the recipe of such a snacks which needs no introduction for itself. It is one of the most loved snacks of the non vegetarians. Yes! I am talking about fried chicken. From children to the elderly, it is liked by the people of all ages. In today’s recipe I have used curd instead of buttermilk. So, lets quickly take a look at the detailed recipe for making fried chicken.
Chicken legs 6 pieces Eggs 3 Curd 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp Juice of ½ a lemon Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 + 1 tbsp Black pepper powder 1 + 1 + ½ tsp Corn flour 1 cup Oats 1/4th cup slightly crushed Salt as per taste Enough oil for frying chicken legs
• In a mixing bowl, take curd, ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt as per taste, lemon juice and mix well • Add the chicken legs into this mixture and rub and coat well with the marinade. Refrigerate this for 2 hours • Take another mixing bowl, add corn flour, oats, remaining Kashmiri red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt and mix well • Break and add the eggs into a third bowl, add salt, remaining black pepper powder and beat well • Take one chicken leg piece at a time and shed off the extra marinade. • Now dip the chicken leg into egg mixture. Then transfer it into the flour mixture. Wrap the chicken legs with the flour mixture • Now repeat the process one more time and keep it ready for frying • Follow the same process for all the leg pieces and keep ready for frying • Heat enough oil in a kadhai at medium flames. Once oil is heated, add the chicken legs 2 or 3 at a time and fry these from all sides until golden brown in colour. • This way fry all the pieces and transfer these into a tray. • Fried chicken is ready to be served. Serve it hot along with some tomato ketchup and enjoy with your family and friends.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Today I’m going to share the recipe of such a dessert which needs no introduction for itself. Which name comes to your mind when asked about a Bengali sweet or dessert? I’m sure that most of you are thinking about one name. Yes! It is Rasgullas or Roshogolla as we pronounce in Bengali. So, today I’m sharing the recipe for making Roshogolla. In Bengal, Roshogollar are made either in sugar syrup or in dates palm jaggery syrup. Though the later is sold mainly during the winters. Here I have shared the recipe for making Roshogolla in dates palm jaggery syrup which is more tastier among the two as per my taste. Lets take a look at the recipe for making Gurer Roshogolla.
Milk 1.5 litres Dates palm jaggery 1 cup All purpose flour 1 tsp Juice of 1and ½ lemon
Here 1 cup = 250ml
• Take the milk in a deep bottomed vessel and bring it to a boil. • Once the milk starts boiling, reduce the flames to minimum and add the lemon juice little by little and stir the milk gently. Continue this until milk coagulates to form chhena • Strain out the chhena with the help of a cotton cloth. • Wash the chhena with water and keep it hanged for about an hour or 2 to remove excess water from it. Do not squeeze the chhena much to remove water or else it will become too dry • Now, take the chhena in a flat bottomed plate, add flour and knead it well for about 10 to 12 minutes or until you reach a very fine texture dough • Now divide the dough into small equal portions. Take each portion and roll it between your palms to make balls. Make sure that there are no cracks in the balls or else it will break into pieces while cooking • Take 5 cups of water in a kadhai or saucepan at high flames, add 1 cup full of dates palm jaggery • stir until jaggery melts and mixes well with water. Bring the water to a boil • Once water starts boiling, drop in the chhena balls one by one and gently stir a little. Cook them at medium high flames for 7 to 10 minutes • Now cover and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes • Take out the roshogolla and gently press them a little and then transfer these into a bowl • Increase the flames and keep on boiling the remaining syrup until it is reduced to a one string consistency
• Let the syrup cool down a little and then pour the warm syrup into the bowl containing roshogolla • Rest the roshogollas for an hour and then serve Gurer Roshogolla and enjoy with your family and friends.