Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! In my early post I have shared the recipe for making Patishapta Pithe with Kheer. Today I am sharing the recipe for making Carrot Patishapta i.e Patishapta Pithe with carrot filling. These bengali desserts were originally made with the coconut filling but later on people started making it with kheer fillings. Nowadays, Patishaptas are made with variety of fillings as per their choices. So, today I chose carrots for making the filling for these wonderful bengali dessert Patishapta. Try it out at your kitchen and I can say that you will love these. Let’s take a look at the recipe for making Carrot Patishapta.
For making the crepe batter:
All purpose flour or Maida 2 and 3/4th of a cup
Semolina or sooji or rava 1/4th of a cup
Rice flour 1/4th of a cup
Dates palm jaggery or sugar as per taste ( I have used dates palm jaggery)
Salt about 1 pinch
Milk 350 to 400 ml
For making the filling mixture:
Carrot 400 gm grated
Khoya or milk solids 200 gm grated
Sugar as per taste
Cardamom 3 or 4 crushed or ½ tsp powdered
Milk ½ cup
Ghee 2 tbsp
( here 1 cup = 120 ml )
• In a large mixing bowl, take all purpose flour, semolina, rice flower, salt and mix well
• Then add milk little by little along with constant mixing until the batter consistency is such that it is neither to thin nor too thick, somewhat like a pancake batter
• Add jaggery and again mix well until the jaggery melts and evenly mixes with the batter. Now cover the batter and rest it for about an hour
• Heat a non stick pan at medium flames. Once heated, add ghee and let it heat
• Then, add the grated carrots and stir and cook for a minute and then cover and cook for 1 or 2 minutes
• Remove cover, add the sugar and mix well. On adding sugar the carrots will release lots of juices
• Now increase the flames to medium high and cook the carrots uncovered with occasional stirring, until most of the juices evaporates
• Once most of the juices of the carrots have evaporated, add milk and mix well. Reduce the flames to medium low and cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes
• Then open cover, stir well and then add the grated khoya. Stir and mix well
• Keep on stirring and mixing the mixture until the khoya melts and evenly mixes with the carrots and it stops sticking to the pan. Do not make the mixture too dry
• At this stage switch of the flames and transfer the mixture into a bowl or plate
• Now check the consistency of the batter if its too thick add a little more milk to bring to the right consistency like that of a pancake batter
• Place a nonstick pan or tawa on medium flames and let heat. Once it is heated, brush a thin layer of oil on it and drop in a small ladle full of the batter at a centre of the pan
• With the back of the ladle spread the batter to make a small thin circular disc shape. Wait for few seconds or until the crepe is 70% cooked, and then place the carrot mixture on on side of the crepe
• Start folding the crepe from the side containing the carrot mixture to make a roll. Once rolled, transfer the roll to a tray or plate
• One Carrot Patishapta is done. Follow the same process to make all the patishaptas
• Let these cool down completely and the enjoy Carrot Patishapta with your family.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Buns are a favorite tea time snacks of many of us. Today I have prepared some buns to compliment our evening tea. It is very easy to make, only thing we have to be careful about is, with the measurements of the ingredients and the texture of the dough. I have used Eno in place of dry yeast for making the buns for the first time and the result was excellent perfectly baked buns. So, I would suggest you to try out the recipe for once and am sure that you will love them. To make the Buns more interesting especially for my child, I have put some chocolate in the core of the buns. So, lets quickly take a look at the recipe for Chocolate Core Buns.
All purpose flour or Maida 1 cup measuring 400 ml Chocolate chopped or broken to small pieces or chocolate chips, as per need Milk about 1 tbsp Curd 3 tbsp Eno 1 and ½ tsp Sugar powder 1 and ½ tsp Salt ½ tsp + 3 to 4 tbsp Oil 3 tbsp
• Sieve and take the Flour in a mixing bowl. Into it add ½ tsp salt, powder sugar, Eno, curd and mix well • Now add water little by little and knead the flour for about 10 to 12 minutes to make a tight dough • Next, add oil and again knead the dough for another 7 to 10 minutes. Your final resulting dough should have become very soft by this time • Grease a small baking tray with some oil and keep ready • Now divide the dough into 5 or 6 equal portions as per your choice. • Take 1 portion of dough at a time and give it a spherical shape by rolling it between your palms. • Make a small hole in the centre of the dough ball and put sufficient amount of chocolate into it. Seal the hole and again roll it back to a spherical shape and place it on the oil greased tray • Follow the same process for all the portions of dough and place them on the tray • Now take a heavy bottomed cooking vessel with cover and pre heat it at minimum flames for about 5 minutes • After five minutes, add the remaining salt to the vessel and spread evenly. Place a small stand if available or any small steel lid of a container at the centre of the vessel, and place the tray on it • Brush some milk on the buns and then cover • Bake the buns at minimum flames for 40 to 45 minutes. After the baking is done allow these to cool down a little and then take them out in a tray or plate • Chocolate Core Buns are ready to be served. Top it with some hot chocolate sauce and enjoy.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite breakfast idea which is not only mine but also favorite of many of us. Egg Toast is another breakfast item which is very easy to prepare with a simple recipe and great taste. Anybody can make it with ease but tastes delicious. It is also a great lunch box idea for school goers.
So, lets quickly check out the recipe for making Egg Toast.
Eggs 4 Bread 4 to 6 slices Onion ½ medium sized finely chopped Green chillies 2 finely chopped Black pepper powder ½ tsp Salt as per taste Oil as per need
• Break and add the eggs in a mixing bowl • Into this, add chopped onion and green chillies, black pepper powder, salt and beat the eggs well • Place a frying pan on the burner at medium flames and let it heat. Once heated, brush a little bit of oil on it • Now take a slice of bread at a time, dip it into the egg mixture and then gently place it on the pan and fry • After few seconds, flip the bread and fry the other side. Once both the sides of the bread is toasted, remove it from the pan and transfer it to a plate • This way make all the toasts and then serve hot Egg Toast with tomato ketchup and enjoy.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Cold drinks, ice creams, chilled food, etc., are the things which knocks our mind repeatedly during the hot days of the summer. In such situations, a quick and easy to make cold drinks made out of fresh fruit juices is always the best idea to quench your thirst and far more better than the store bought carbonated beverages. Today I am sharing the recipe of one of such cold drinks made of fresh fruit juices. So, here is the easy recipe for home made fresh chilled Pomegranate Crusher.
Pomegranate juice 400 ml ( I have used homemade juice but you can also use readymade pomegranate juice available at the stores )
Soda water as per need
Pomegranate pearls 2 tbsp
Mint leaves 6 or 7
Lemon 1 cut into wedges
Ice cubes 4 or 5
Black salt as per taste
Chaat masala 1 tsp
• Take the pomegranate pearls, mint leaves, lemon wedges, black salt and chaat masala in a long steel glass and muddle them a little with a muddler or a long wooden spoon
• Now equally divide the mixture content of the steel glass into 2 parts and add them into 2 serving glasses
• Take the ice cubes in the same steel glass and crush them a little. add equal portions the crushed ice cubes into serving glasses
• Fill in a little more than half of the glasses with the pomegranate juice and the remaining part with soda water.
• Give them a little stir and Enjoy fresh chilled Pomegranate Crusher at home.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Today I am sharing the recipe for making Mixed Fruit Custard. Sometimes children are reluctant to take fruits, which are very much essential for their total nourishment, as fruits are the storehouse of vitamins and minerals. So, a chilled Mixed Fruit custard is an amazing idea to make children eat fruits and enjoy the taste of ice cream at the same time. However, not only for the children, but also for the grown ups, a Mixed fruit custard loaded with the seasonal fruits is a wonderful dessert idea where you can get the double dose of taste and health. So, let’s take a look at the recipe for making Mixed Fruit Custard.
Milk 500 ml Custard powder 2 tbsp Honey 4 to 5 tbsp or as per taste Green grapes 1 small bowl Black grapes 1 small bowl Muskmelon cut into small cubes, 1 small bowl Banana cut into small pieces, 1 small bowl Pomegranate pearls 1 small bowl Chopped nuts and raisins 1 small bowl
You can use any fruit of your choice and discard any fruit that I have used, if you don’t like those.
• Keeping ½ a cup of milk separately in a small bowl, add the remaining milk in a pan and place the pan over medium high flames. Stir the milk occasionally and wait until it starts boiling • Simultaneous, add the custard powder in the ½ cup of milk and stir and mix to form a smooth mixture without any lumps • Once the milk starts boiling, reduce the flames to minimum and add the custard powder mixture, with constant stirring so that it evenly mixes with the milk • Then add honey and constantly stir and mix. Keep on stirring until the milk has thickened to the desired consistency and then switch off the flames • Allow the milk to cool down completely and then transfer it to a mixing bowl • To this add all the fruits one by one and mix well. Keep the mixed fruit custard in the refrigerator for about an hour or 2 • Serve chilled mixed fruit custard by adding some chopped nuts and raisins on top and enjoy the hot summers with a bowl full of Fruit Custard.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish of Delight once again!
Chaats are all time favourite evening snacks of many of us. In my early post I have shared the recipe for Aloo Kabli which is a popular chaat sold by the street side chaat selling vendors in Bengal. Today I am sharing the recipe for Churmur which is another aloo chaat quite similar to that of Aloo Kabli with a slight difference.
So, let’s take a look at the recipe for Churmur.
Potatoes 2 medium sized, cooked and cut into thin small dices
Onion 1 medium sized, sliced
Green chilli 2 or 3, chopped
Cucumber 1/2 of a small sized, chopped
Dried yellow peas 1/4 of a small cup, soaked for about 4 hours
Bengal gram 1/4 of a small cup, soaked for about 4 hours
Panipuri shells about 20 to 25
Dry red chilli whole 3
Cumin seeds 2 tsp
Black salt as per taste
Chaat masala 1 tsp
Tamarind water 1/4 of a small cup
Pressure cook the yellow peas and Bengal gram with a little bit of salt and a cup of water to one whistle at maximum flames and then release pressure. Strain out the water and keep the cooked peas aside
Dry roast the whole dry red chilli and cumin seeds and then grind them to a powder.
In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients except the panipuri shells, and mix well
Finally break and add the panipuri shells and again mix well
Churmur is ready to be served. Add a little more tamarind water if you like and enjoy.
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again! Many of us love to have sandwiches in our breakfast. It is both healthy, tasty and also easy to make. Sandwiches could be made with so many varieties of fillings, but I always like those made with veggies. The vegetable sandwiches are also healthy and yummy lunch box idea for school goers. So, today I am sharing the recipe of Mayonnaise Vegetable Sandwich. Let’s take a look at the recipe for making Mayonnaise Vegetable Sandwich.
Whole wheat bread 4 slices Mayonnaise 2 or 3 tbsp Onion 1 tbsp finely chopped Capsicum 1 tbsp finely chopped Cucumber 1 tbsp finely chopped Carrot 1 tbsp finely chopped Tomato flesh 1 tbsp finely chopped Black pepper powder 2 tsp Black salt as per taste Chat masala ½ tsp Tomato ketchup as per need Butter ½ tbsp
• In a mixing bowl bowl, take all the veggies, mayonnaise, black pepper powder, chat masala, black salt and mix all the ingredients well • Place all the 4 slices of bread on a flat surface. Spread tomato ketchup on each of the slices • Now place adequate amount of the mayo veggies mixture on any 2 of the 4 slices of bread and then cover these with the remaining 2 bread slices • Heat a non stick pan at low flames. Once heated add butter and spread it all over the pan • Place the sandwiches gently on the pan and lightly toast it from both sides • Once done transfer the sandwiches to a serving plate • Serve Mayonnaise Vegetable Sandwich hot with some tomato ketchup and enjoy your breakfast along with a cup of hot coffee or tea.