Scrambled egg wraps
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
I am back with my new recipes. Today I’m sharing a healthy snacks recipe which is very easy to prepare and tastes too good and at the same time ensures healthy eating.
To make these wraps I have made the tortillas using half quantity each of whole wheat flour and refined flour. You can make these using refined flour only or can also use readymade store bought tortillas.
So, here is the detailed recipe for making scrambled egg wrap.
For making the tortilla dough:
Whole wheat flour ½ cup
All purpose flour ½ cup
Butter 20 gm
Salt as per taste
For the filling:
Milk 2 tbsp
Chopped Cucumber ½ cup
Chopped Onion ½ cup
Chopped Capsicum ½ cup
Chopped Carrot ½ cup
Chopped green chilli 3 or 4 (optional)
Mayonnaise 4 to 5 tbsp
Tomato ketchup 4 to 5 tbsp
Black pepper powder 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Butter or oil ½ tbsp
Here 1 cup = 240ml
• Take all the ingredients for making dough in a mixing bowl and rub and mix well. Now add water little by little and mix well with your hands to make a semi soft dough.
• Pat a little bit of oil on the surface of the dough and keep it covered for about ½ an hour or so.
• While the dough rests, make the egg scramble and keep ready.
• For this, break and add the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add milk, black pepper powder and salt and beat the eggs
• Place a frying pan at medium flames and let it heat. Add the oil or butter and spread it all over the hot pan
• Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds
• Continue cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Remove from heat once done
• Now take the dough and knead it for few more seconds. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts
• Take each part at a time and roll it into a thin circular disc shape
• Place a tawa at medium flames and cook the tortillas from both sides
• Now take one tortilla and spread mayonnaise on half of its surface
• Place sufficient chopped veggies and scrambled eggs onto the same half. Top it with some tomato ketchup
• Now start wrapping the tortilla from the side containing the filling ingredients. Wrap it with a sheet of butter paper or aluminium foil
• Follow the same process to make all the wraps and the enjoy hot scrambled egg wrap with family and friends.