Masala aloo bhare khasta kachori
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Khasta kachori is a wonderful tea time snacks. Khasta kachoris are stuffed kachoris which are generally stuffed with lentils but at home you can stuff it with any filling of your choice. Today I have stuffed these kachoris with masala potato. I prepare a special roasted mixed spices powder to make the masala aloo and also add it in the tamarind chutney and other dishes, which i will share in my later posts.
So, lets take a look at the recipe for making masala aloo bhare khasta kachori.
For making the dough
All purpose flour or maida 4 tbsp
Gram flour or besan 1 and ½ tbsp
Melted ghee 1 and ½ tbsp
Salt asper taste
Fennel seeds ½ tsp
For making the filling
Potatoes 2 medium sized cooked
Onion 1 medium sized sliced
Green chillies 3 or 4 chopped
Asafoetida or hing 1/4th tsp
Roasted mixed spices powder ½ tbsp
Dry mango powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt asper taste
Oil 1 tbsp + enough oil for deep frying the kachoris
• Take all the ingredients under heading ‘for making dough’, in a mixing bowl. Rub and mix well with your hands until the flour mixture could form dry lumps and easily broken with little pressure.
• Now add water little by little and knead the flour to a firm dough, not too soft. Brush some ghee or oil on top of the dough and keep in an air tight container for about ½ an hour
• Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan at medium flames. Once heated, add asafoetida and sauté for few seconds.
• Add the sliced onion, green chillies and stir and fry until the onions turn golden brown in colour
• Mash the cooked potatoes and add them to the pan. Stir and mix well with the frying onions
• Add the roasted mixed spice powder, dry mango powder, red chilli powder and salt and mix well
• Now switch off the flames and allow the potato mixture to cool down
• Take the dough out and knead it once more for few seconds. Make 5 equal portions of the dough and give them the shape of a ball by rolling between your palms
• Take 1 dough ball at a time and keep the remaining balls covered. Pressing lightly with your thumbs in the centre of the ball give it the shape of a bowl
• Now place sufficient amount of the potato mixture in the dough bowl and seal the edges, in the same way you seal the edges for making stuffed parantha
• Now pressing with the thumbs lightly, flatten the stuffed dough balls a little to form the kachori
• Following the above procedure make all the kachoris and keep aside
• Take enough oil in a kadhai to deep fry the kachoris at minimum flames. Once the oil gets heated up a little, gently drop in the kachoris and deep fry until they turns light golden brown from both sides. Remember not to make the oil too hot before adding the kachoris.
• Frying the kachoris in less hot oil is an important step to make khasta kachoris
• Once fried, take out the kachoris onto a serving plate and serve the hot masala aloo bhare khasta kachori with tamarind chutney and enjoy.