Shorshe murgi (chicken is mustard gravy)
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Shorshe murgi or chicken in mustard gravy is yet another chicken dish which is easy to make and yummy in taste. Shorshe murgi requires Only few ingredients which are generally easily available in our kitchen.
So lets go through the recipe for making shorshe murgi.
Chicken 750 gm medium sized pieces
Curd 3 tbsp
Ginger paste 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Mustard paste 3 to 4 tbsp
Onion 1 medium sized sliced
Green chilli 4 or 5 whole
Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder ½ tbsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar 1 pinch or 1/4th tsp
Mustard oil 3 + 1 tbsp
• Take curd, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, salt in a mixing bowl and mix well.
• add the chicken pieces to the mixing bowl and rub and coat well with the mixture. Rest the marinated chicken in the fridge for at least 4 hrs or overnight if possible.
• Bring the marinated chicken out of the fridge and wait until it comes to the room temperature
• Now heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadhai at medium high flames. Once heated, add the sliced onion and stir and fry for about a minute or until their colour changes a little
• Now add the chicken along with the marinade and stir and cook uncovered for about 7 to 10 minutes or until most of the juices released by the chicken have evaporated
• Now add the mustard paste, sugar and mix well with the cooking chicken. Stir and cook for a minute and then add a cup of warm water. Stir well and bring the gravy to a boil by increasing the flames to maximum
• Once the gravy starts boiling, reduce the flames to medium and cover. Cook the chicken covered for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked well.
• Now, remove cover stir well, add the green chillies and spread the remaining mustard oil all over the gravy
• Reduce the flames to minimum and cover and cook for a minute more and then switch off the flames
• Rest the chicken for some time and then your shorshe murgi or chicken in mustard gravy is ready to be served.
• Serve hot shorshe murgi with preferably plain rice and enjoy.