Shojne data chorchori ( drumstick curry in mustard gravy)
Hello my dear friends and fellows! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Today I am sharing the recipe of drumstick curry in mustard gravy. This was one of my mother’s favourite dishes. Whenever I cooked this dish, it reminded me of my mom. She was a great cook and she had few of her own wonderful veg recipes. I have learned a lot of cooking ideas from her.
So, lets take go through the recipe for drumstick curry in mustard gravy.
Drumstick 2 cut into 2” pieces
Potatoes 2 medium sized cut into thin long pieces
Pumpkin 100 gm cut into pieces similar to the size of the pieces of potato
Green chillies 4 or 5
Mustard seeds 1 and ½ tbsp ( you can use either black or white mustard, but gravy with black mustard paste tastes better )
Black cumin 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar as per taste
Mustard oil 3 tbsp
• Grind the mustard seeds along with 2 or 3 green chillies and ½ tbsp of warm water to make a fine paste
• Heat mustard oil in a kadhai at medium high flames. Once heated, temper the oil with black cumin
• Add all the veggies, turmeric powder, salt as per taste and stir fry them for 2 minutes at medium low flames
• Add the mustard paste and mix and stir for ½ a minute and then add ½ a cup of warm water. Stir and bring the gravy to a boil by increasing the flames to maximum
• Once the gravy starts boiling, reduce the flames to medium low and cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until the veggies are cooked well
• Open cover, add sugar and slit and add the remaining green chillies. Mix well and again cover and cook for few ½ a minute.
• Open cover, stir a little and then switch off the flames.
• Serve hot drumstick curry in mustard gravy with steamed rice and enjoy.