Gobi ( cauliflower) manchurian
Hello friends! Welcome back to my space Dish Of Delight once again!
Manchurian is the recipes that is generally created by the Chinese restaurants of India and slightly resembles to the cooking technique of a traditional Chinese cuisine. This manchurian can be of various items such as of meat, different vegetables, mixed vegetables and paneer, cooked in a dark brown sauce.
Today I am sharing the recipe of gobi manchurian i.e. manchurian of cauliflower. This is a delicious veg dish which tastes great along with fried rice or rumali roti or paranthas. So, lets take a look at the recipe for gobi manchurian.
Cauliflower cut into small florets 2 cups
Onion 1 medium chopped
Green chilli 4 or 5 chopped
Spring onion greens chopped 1 tbsp
Sesame seeds 1 tsp
Ginger 1” piece minced
Garlic 5 or 6 cloves minced
Ginger paste ½ tsp
Garlic paste ½ tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Black pepper powder 1 + 1 tsp
All purpose flour or maida 4 to 6 tbsp
Corn flour 4 + 1 tbsp
Soya sauce 1 tbsp
Hot chilli sauce ½ tbsp
Tomato sauce ½ tbsp
Salt as per taste
Oil 2 tbsp + enough for deep frying the cauliflower florets
• Take 2 and ½ cups of water in a kadhai or saucepan, add 2 tsp salt, cauliflower florets and set the pan on high flames
• Once the water starts boiling, wait for 1 minutes and then switch off the flames. Strain the florets from water and keep aside
• In a large mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour and corn flour, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder, salt, along with a little water to make a batter neither too thick nor too thin
• Add the cauliflower florets to this batter and mix well such that each of the florets get well coated with the batter
• Heat enough oil to deep fry the florets in a kadhai at medium high flames. Once the oil is heated, drop the cauliflower florets one by one into the oil and fry these untill they turns light golden in colour. Do not over crowd the florets while frying.
• Once fried, strain out the florets from oil and keep aside. Now increase the flames to maximum and let the oil gets highly heated.
• Again add the fried florets to the hot oil and fry them one more time at maximum flames untill they turn golden brown in colour. Once fried, strain out the florets from the oil and keep aside
• Heat the remaining oil In another kadhai or wok at medium high flames. One heated, add the minced ginger and garlic and sauté for few seconds
• Add the chopped green chillies and onion and sauté and fry for ½ a minute
• Add salt and black pepper powder and mix well
• Add soya sauce, hot chilli sauce and tomato sauce and mix and stir for ½ a minute.
• Add ½ a cup of hot water and stir well. Bring the sauce to a boil and then cover and simmer for a minute
• While the sauce is getting cooked, in a small bowl, take the remaining 1 tbsp corn flour, 1 tbsp water and mix well
• Open cover, add the corn flour slurry and stir well. Once the sauce has thickned, add the cauliflower florets mix well and switch off the flames. Cover and let it rest for some time
• Finally add the chopped onion greens and sesame seeds mix well and serve hot gobi manchurian with fried rice or roti or paratha or any dish of your choice.