Phoolkopi aloo’r torkari ( cauliflower potato green peas curry )
Hello my dear friends and fellows! I welcome you back to my space Dish Of Delight once again.
Today I am sharing another veg delight, cauliflower potato curry. Cauliflower has been used as the key ingredients in lots of delicious dishes. A few of these are cauliflower roast, cauliflower manchurian, cauliflower in poppy seed paste gravy, cauliflower pakoras, etc. I have earlier shared the cauliflower rezalla recipe with you all. Today I am sharing a simple cauliflower curry which you can prepare any time.
Let’s move to the recipe.
Cauliflower florets medium sized 2 cups
Potato 2 medium sized, cut into 1” cube pieces
Green peas 3/4th of a cup
Onion 1 small sized sliced
Green chilli 3 or 4 slit
Ginger paste 1 tbsp
Greenchilli paste 1/2 tbsp
Garlic 2 or 3 crushed
Turmeric powder 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 3/4th tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Bay leaf 1
Cinnamon 1” stick
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar as perpaste
Oil 2 + 2 tbsp
- In a saucepan add 2 or 3 cups of water, add the cauliflower florets and set on high flames.
- once the water starts boiling, wait for 1/2 a minute and switch of the flames. remove the florets from water and keep aside
- heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai at medium high flames. Once heated, add the cauliflower florets and fry untill light golden brown spots appeared. remove the florets from the kadhai and keep aside.
- In the same oil add 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder and add the potatoes. Fry the potato pieces untill these turns light golden brown in colour. remove the potatoes from the kadhai and keep aside
- add the remaining oil in the same kadhai and heat it. Once heated temper it with the whole spices
- add onion slices and stir and fry untill they turn golden brown in colour
- Then, add the ginger paste, green chilli paste, crushed garlic and sauté for about a minute or untill their raw smell disappears
- then add all the spice powders, salt, 1 or 2 tbsp of warm water and stir and mix well. Keep roasting the spices untill oil starts separating from them
- at this point add the fried potatoes, green peas and mix well with the spices. Stir and cook for about 1/2 a minute
- now, add the cauliflower, slit green chillies and stir and mix well with the other ingredients for another 1/2 minute
- then, add sugar and mix well and then add 3/4 th of a cup of hot water. Stir and mix well and bring it to a boil.
- now, reduce the flames to medium low and cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or untill the veggies gets cooked
- remove cover, add garam masala powder, mix well with curry and cover
- switch off the flames and allow the curry to rest for some time. Serve the cauliflower potato curry hot with rice, roti, parantha, Pulao, puri or any dish of your choice.