Masala Cheese Omelette
Hello friends! Wish you all a very happy and healthy new year!
Here I welcome you back to my space, Dish Of Delight once again. I did not share any recipe since few days, as I was enjoying a vacation with my family in my native place. What can be more satisfying than, being with your whole family after a year long wait! Adding to this satisfaction, is the happiness of welcoming the new new year with full enjoyment altogether.
Today I am sharing a breakfast recipe, masala cheese omelette. Many of the non vegetarian and eggetarian people prefers egg in their breakfast menu, whether boiled or omelette or poached. In masala cheese omelette, you can enjoy both omelette and veggies along with cheese. Now let’s jump on to the recipe.
Grated mozzarella cheese about half a cup
Onion finely chopped, 2 tbsp
Green chilli finely chopped, 2
Grated carrot 2 tbsp
Tomato finely chopped ( only flesh ), 1 tbsp
Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped, 2 tbsp
Capsicum finely chopped, 1 tbsp
Milk 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Black pepper powder 2 tsp
Italian seasoning about 2 tsp
Butter or oil enough to cook the omelette
- Break and add the eggs in a mixing bowl, add salt, black pepper powder and beat them well with an egg whisk or fork
- Add milk and again beat to mix well
- now add all the veggies and mix well to form an even mixture
- heat a frying pan over medium high flames. Once hot, add the butter or oil and spread it all over the pan
- add the egg mixture into the pan, and with the help of a spatula scatter the veggie all over the pan evenly
- now reduce the flames to medium low, cover and let the omelette cook untill it is mostly done. Do not fully cook the omelette before adding the cheese
- remove cover and check the omelette. At this stage, when there is still a little bit of runny egg on the top layer, spread and add the grated cheese and Italian seasoning onto one half of the omelette, and gently fold the other half on top of it
- cover and cook the omelette for another minute or untill the cheese melts and then gently transfer it to a serving plate and serve hot along with bread toast and tomato ketchup.