Vegetable mini pancakes
Hello friends! ‘ Punoray Shagatam Janai’ as we say in Bengali, meaning, welcome back again.
Today I am sharing a simple, healthy and wholesome breakfast idea with you all. It is also a good lunchbox idea for kids. To make it a little bit more healthier, I have replaced all purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
Whole wheat flour 5 tbsp, heaped
Milk about 3/4th of a cup or as much to make a batter of right consistency
Onion 1 medium sized, finely chopped
Tomato flesh of 1 small sized, finely chopped
Carrot finely chopped, 2 tbsp
Capsicum finely chopped, 2 tbsp
Green chilli 1 chopped
Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped, 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar as per taste
Oil for frying the pancakes
- take all the vegetables in a mixing bowl, add salt, sugar, black pepper powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- add the flour and mix well with the vegetables
- break and add the eggs and mix well with the other ingredients of the bowl with the help of a fork
- now add the milk little by little and keep on mixing with the other ingredients with the help of a whisker untill you get the right consistency of the batter as of pancake’s batter, i.e neither too thick nor too thin.
- heat a non stick tawa at medium flames. Once the tawa is heated enough, brush some oil and pour a small ladle full of the batter.
- spread it a little bit to make a round shape with the back of the ladle and cover. Cook untill light brown marks appears. Now flip it to the other side and cook.
- transfer the pancake to the serving plate or tray and proceed to make the other pancakes
- once all the pancakes are done serve it with some tomato sauce or you can also pair them with some pan tossed veggies.