Healthy chicken stew
Today I thought of starting the dinner menu with a healthy, steaming hot chicken stew. Since it is winter, the chill of the night added to the mood of sipping upon the steaming hot stew.
Chicken 300 gm, cut into medium pieces
Onion 1 small, sliced
Garlic 3 or 4 cloves, finely chopped
Carrots 1 medium, cut into long pieces
French beans 12 to 15, cut into halves
Potato 1 medium, cut into long pieces
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Milk 3/4th of a cup
Oil 2 tsp
- take the chicken pieces in a pressure cooker, add 3 cups water, some salt and pressure cook it to 1 whistle at high flames. Release pressure and keep the chicken pieces separately from the stock
- heat the oil in a non stick pan at medium high flames. Once hot add the onion and sauté untill it turns translucent
- then, add the chopped garlics and sauté for 1/2 minute
- add the vegetables, turmeric powder, some salt and stir and fry the vegetables untill half cooked. Be cautious while add salt as you have already add some salt to make the chicken stock
- Add the chicken pieces, black pepper powder and stir and mix well with the cooking vegetable. Stir and cook for another minute
- then, add the chicken stock and stir and bring it to a boil at high flames. Once it starts boiling, reduce the flames to medium low and cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes
- open cover, add the milk and mix well. Once the stew starts boiling after adding the milk, switch off the flames.
- hot chicken stew is ready to be served.