Kolkata special Chicken egg roll
Refined flour or maida 6 tbsp
Wheat flour or atta 4 tbsp
Chicken 250 gm boneless cut into very small pieces
Onions 1 medium-sized chopped 2 medium sized sliced
Cucumber 1 medium chopped
Green chillies 5 chopped
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4th of a tsp
Red chilli powder 1/4th of a tsp
Cumin powder 1/4th of a tsp
Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
Tomato sauce as per need
Chilli sauce as per need
Mustard sauce as per need
Oil 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp + enough for frying the paranthas
- In a mixing bowl, take maida, atta, 1/2 tsp salt and mix well. Then add 1 tbsp oil and rub well with the flour and mix.
- Then add normal water little by little with continuous mixing and knead it to a semi soft dough
- Pat some oil on top of the dough and cover and rest it for about 15 to 20 minutes
- While the dough rests, heat 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai at medium flames and once the oil is heated, add the chopped onion and stir fry till it turns golden brown.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell dissapears
- To this add the chicken pieces and roast along with the spices for a minute
- Then add the powdered spices, 1 tbsp water and 1/2 tsp salt and mix well and saute for about 2 minutes or till oil separates
- Add about 1/2 cup of water, stir well and cover and cook till the chicken gets cooked well
- Remove the cover and cook till the excess water evaporates and switch off the flames.
- Now take the dough and knead it again for few seconds. Divide the dough into 5 equal parts
- Take each part and roll it into paranthas. The paranthas should neither be too thin nor too thick. Take the help of some dry flour if required
- Now heat a non stick tawa at medium high flames. Once the tawa gets heated enough, half cook the paranthas one at a time from both sides without oil. This time the parantha’s colour should not change
- This way cook all the paranthas and keep aside
- In the same tawa, heat one tsp of oil. Beat an egg with a pinch of salt and put it in the tawa. Tilt the tawa from all sides a little so that the egg gets spread evenly.
- Now place one paranthas on top of the egg and press a little with the spatula. Brush some oil on the upper part of the parantha and flip it. Let it fry from the other side till light brown spots appear
- Remove the egg layered parantha from the tawa and in the same way prepare all the other four paranthas
- Now take one egg layered parantha at a time with the side having the egg layer facing up. Place some prepared chicken masala, some chopped cucumber, some chopped green chillies, some sliced onion, all the three sauces on half part of the parantha and start rolling from the part containing the filling
- Wrap the roll with a parchment paper and your egg chicken roll is ready. This way make all the 5 rolls and serve hot.