Coconut barfi with nutty chocolate crust
Full fat milk 1 and 1/2 l
Juice of 1 and 1/2 of a lemon
Khoya or mawa 100 gm
Desiccated coconut 3/4 th of a cup
Powdered sugar 1 and 1/2 cup or adjust as per your taste
Chocolate ganache 1 and 1/2 cups
Roasted and ground cashews 1/2 cup
- heat the milk in a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil by stirring occasionally. Once the milk starts boiling add the lemon juice little by little with continued stirring till the milk curdled.
- once the milk have curdled, switch off the flames a let it cool a little. Then strain the chenna with the help of a kitchen cloth or any clean cloth
- wash the chenna with cold running water and squeeze the cloth containing the chenna with full pressure to remove as much water from it as possible
- now take out the chenna in a flat bottomed plate and press and rub the chenna with your palm for about 15 to 20 minutes or till it comes to a smooth texture
- now add the khoya and again rub and mix well with the chenna
- then add the coconut and powdered sugar and mix well with constant rubbing
- now heat a non stick frying pan at medium flames and once hot add this mixture to it and keep stirring and mixing the chenna mixture untill it stops sticking to the pan
- now take out the mixture in an oil greased tray or a flat bottomed plate or you can use a parchment paper if available and flatten the mixture evenly on the tray
- in a bowl mix the chocolate ganache and the ground cashews and pour it on top of the flattened mixture to form a semi smooth layer
- now keep it in the fridge for about 2 hours and then cut it out into barfis or any shape of your choice.
- coconut barfi with nutty chocolate crust is ready to be served.