Poha or rice flakes 1 and 1/2 cup washed well. Since I used the thick poha, I kept it soaked in water for a minute. If the fine poha is used do not soak it
Pea nuts a handfull of or 1/4 cup
Onion 1 large chopped
Green chilli 4 to 5 chopped or slit
Curry leaves 4 to 5
Coriander leaves 1/4 th cup chopped
Small mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice of 1/2 of a lemon
Salt 1/2 tsp or as per taste
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp
- heat oil in a kadhai at medium flames. Once hot add in the pea nuts ant fry them for 1 to 2 minutes.
- then add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, the curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Then add the chopped onion and green chilli and stir and fry till the onion turns translucent
- now add the turmeric, red chilli powder, salt and sugar and mix well
- then add in the poha, chopped coriander leaves and mix well with all the other ingredients
- now cover and let it cook at the minimum flames for 1 to 2 minutes
- remove the cover and after giving the poha a god mix, add in the lemon juice and again mix well. Now switch off the flames and serve hot at the breakfast.